Persian Taste

09:50

So I wanted to do something new to eat today so I went with my husband to Jamie Oliver website and we choosed this Chicken Stew with Pomegranate. This is a new flavor for me but I know that here in Middle East pomegranate is used a lot in food.
So here is the recipe adapted from Jamie aoliver website and some pictures of my food!

What I used:
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Chicken tights skin and bone in
1 tsp paprika
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 red chilli, finely sliced
2 tbsp coriander
300 ml tomato sauce
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
Pomegranate seeds

How I did it:
1. Heat the oil in a casserole over a medium heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika, then brown in the hot oil for 7–8 minutes. Remove the pieces to a plate and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add another splash of oil with the onions. Stir well, being sure to catch the sticky bits at the bottom of the pan. Cook slowly for 15 minutes, till onions are soft, adding the garlic, chilli and the coriander for the last 5 minutes. Stir in the passata, molasses and pomegranate juice, season well, then bring to the boil.
3. Return the chicken with any juices to the pan, cover and lower heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened, checking often that it's not sticking.
4.serve with Rice

You Might Also Like

1 comentários